They are finished

This week I pulled out the side seam that I had sewn on that Icelandic sweater, it looked pucked to me and I didn't really want to bother having another battle with mattress stitch in fair isle so I decided to get out the Hague linker, it blazed threw the sewing up. I weaved in all the ends yesterday and washed it, before putting it in the washer I tried it on and it was a tad bit short for my liking so what I thought I would do was turn the spin speed down to 600rpm, with the jumper being a little more damp this enabled me to stretch the body and leave it lieing flat to dry, surprisingly it worked, that small increase in length means that now it fits me perfectly, I am really pleased with how it turned out, what do you think?

I had a couple of people asking me what was the punchcard I used, well I found it in a book and punched it out, my printer doesn't copy or scan so what I had to do was just put the punchcard on a piece of coloured paper and take a picture of it so I hope this is sufficient.

I also got this sweater finished as well and I think this had turned out very nice as well, I washed this as well and it is nice and the fibres have relaxed a little so it isn't quite as stiff now.

Talk to you later
Alex

Comments

  1. you are so prolific with your knitting projects Alex. I am a tad envious I have to say. Great sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maureen, well I have lot's of wool to knit up so there is plenty more to come lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fairisle sweater - bet it's nice and warm too! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jane, it is lovely and warm, very thick too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts