Cricketer's Cable Sweater Completed

Today I just finished sewing up the two remaining side seams that I just couldn't be bothered to do last night! After spending a few minutes today doing that and sewing in all the ends, here it is, ready for winter! You could say I like to make things in advance! Haha.


 I love the way this fully fashioned decrease comes out when sew together, I just love the bold diagonal line against the rest of the knitting, I made this fully fashioned decrease by transferring the 4th stitch in from the end onto the 3rd stitch in from the end and then moved all three stitches back in by 1 needle, then get rid of the empty needle.
 Here it is on me, it fits really well, I was just slightly disappointed that the sleeves were a tad bit long as you can see it is bunching up a bit there on my arm, never mind, I am however, impressed with how it came out, overall.
 
Talk to you later,
Alex.

Comments

  1. Just beautiful! Great work on the cables. This turned out so nicely. Thanks for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one darned good looking sweater. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this sweater. It has given me the inspiration to get out my Bondlike machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maureen, I am happy to have helped. :)

      Delete
  4. I have a question, did you do the rib on the machine by dropping every alternate stitch and using the thingamy to bring the stitch back up to make the rib or did you hand knit the rib and transfer it to the machine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knitted the rib to look more like a ribber cast on look, so I cast on, on alternate needles with waste yarn, then knit two rows tighter with one keyplate size smaller, then brought out the inbetween needle and knitted the rows for my rib and then dropped the alternate stitches which at the start were not in work, then I unravvled it down the the latch tool, and went under two ladders of the main yarn with the latch tool and started latching it up from the 3rd bar up.
      I hope I didn't confuse you...To answer your question, yes I knitted the ribbing on the machine using the latch tool. :)

      Hope this helps.
      Alex.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Alex. Had to read it a couple of times but I got it in the end.

      Delete
  5. Hi again Alex. I have spent most of the day looking for a raglan sleeve pattern for a sweater like you made on the Bond but can't find one. do you have a scanner? Could you scan the pattern you used and post it on here. Only if it's not too much trouble. My Knitsmart has a pattern but it's not raglan sleeved.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. No trouble Maureen. :) I don't have a scanner but I shall see what I can do, so watch this space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great. I bet you'll be glad of the slightly long sleeves when the winter comes and you want to keep your hands warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, I think your right about the sleeves! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts